Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Scarred not Scared !



I salute the brave-hearts who have been a victim of acid attacks.
Stop Acid Attacks is a campaign against acid violence in India.
 They work as a bridge between survivors and the society,
 as most of the victims of this brutal crime,
 which is much more grave in its impact than a rape,
 have isolated themselves after losing their face.
 They have lost their faces their eyes and other body parts
 but not their strong hearts and beautiful souls!
They all are facing the repercussions
 of those barbaric acts with confidence unmatchable!
They may be Scarred but not Scared !!



You can scar me
But not scare
I am even stronger
Fearless and I still do dare…
Each scar sings
The melody
Of my triumph
And your defeat…
My quiet scars
Speak a thousand thunders
And I still wear my invisible crown
How? … Everyone wonders!
Because I have accepted
And embraced them all
I am what I am
Unshakable and very tall…
I will dare,
Inspite of all my scars
To paint my own rainbows
And light up my own stars!!
                                                


10 comments:

  1. This is a VERY powerful art piece and post, Ritu. It is beyond heartbreaking how in this day and age women are still suffering from such cruel and sexist acts. As the father of 2 girls, my prayer has been that they may be strong in the face of adversity that they may encounter throughout their lives because of their gender. May the victims of this atrocious crime have the strength and courage to face the world with pride. Blessings to them and to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very moving post Ritu,
    I remember seeing an interview of an amazing courageous woman who had been attacked with acid and I'll never forget her. She had such Incredible inner strength.



    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing showing emotion and depth of soul through your art.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ritu, this is a very powerful piece. I love your expression of this campaign. It is such a cowardice act of violence, and I despise the people who commit it. But in your piece and poem you make the victim rise above it all and come out stronger. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful beyond words! The art and words speak with such love for these vulnerable victims. So sad that the world can be so cruel to such an innocent group. Such a barbaric act. Thank you for being their voice!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cruelty sounds awful Ritu and must be unbearable. Great piece of Art. Stay safe my friend. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a moving post Rita. Acid attacks are the most cowardly thing a man can do against a woman but also one of the most life changing in the worst way. Beautiful art and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is touching and heartbreaking. I wasn't aware acid attacks were such a problem. Your art is a beautiful and encouraging piece as is the poem. Thank you for giving the victims a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the others about the power of this post. I was not aware of acid attacks. How cowardly those cruel people are! Your art shows forth strength in the midst of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scarred, not scared...WOW. Wonderful artwork.

    ReplyDelete