Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tear Off that Mask...Your face is glorious!



I only speak of the Sun
because the Sun is my Beloved 
I worship even the dust at His feet.

I am not a night-lover and do not praise sleep
I am the messenger of the Sun !
Secretly I will ask Him and pass the answers to you.

Like the Sun I shine on those who are forsaken
I may look drunk and disheveled but I speak the Truth.

Tear off the mask, your face is glorious,
your heart may be cold as stone but
I will warm it with my raging fire.

No longer will I speak of sunsets or rising Moons,
I will bring you love's wine
for I am born of the Sun
I am a King !

~ Rumi
Ghazal (Ode) 1621
Translated by Azima Melita Kolin
and Maryam Mafi

7 comments:

  1. I love the array of colors in this beautiful piece and the placement of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful color and grace. This is lovely! And I love your Quote. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful rainbow of colors in this magical painting and poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita. Happy New Year to you. Just beautiful and so are the words.:)

    ReplyDelete